Easy Zucchini Pancakes – A Savory Breakfast
A Zucchini Sunday! Yes the weekend was dedicated to this summer squash and its delicacies. Baked a Zucchini bread, a brownie and savory pancakes with my Zucchini. These Zucchini pancakes are quite easy and quick to make and can be a delightful breakfast.
- 1/2 cup grated Zucchini
- 1 cup Chickpea flour/Besan
- 1/4 cup curd/yogurt
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 green chilly
- 1/4 tsp. red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- Salt as desired
- Oil to shallow fry
Method: Grate the Zucchini, shred the coriander leaves and dice the green chilly. Mix with all the other ingredients. Heat a girdle and pour a ladle of the batter on it. Sprinkle a little oil on all the sides and let it cook for about a minute and turn it to the other side. Sprinkle a little more oil and cook the other side too till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add grated carrots to the above batter to form another healthy version of pancakes.
- Increase the chilly if you want a little spicy treat. A teaspoon of red chilly powder will be good enough.
- Add a few mint leaves for a flavorful pancake.
Serve hot with either of the below tangy spreads;