Easy Wholewheat Cookies
Crispy and crunchy cookies with hot chocolate drink, a perfect combo when friends are around for a chit-chat. I made these easy wholewheat cookies last weekend to welcome my childhood friend from Australia. Relived the fun filled school days with these scrumptious Easy wholewheat cookies to accompany 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups of Wholewheat flour
- 1/3 cup of refined flour
- 1/2 cup oc powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Bran or Choker
- 3-4 tsp.Milk to bind the flour
- 3-4 tsp. Curd
- 4-5 tsp of oil
- A pinch of Cinnamon powder
Method: Take a big vessel and add all the dry ingredients in it. Give a good stirring to all the ingredients. Pour the oil, milk and curd in the dry ingredients and mix it lightly till the whole mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Knead it into a solid dough and wrap in a cellophane cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Take out from the refrigerator and roll into a thick circle of about 1/2′ inch thickness.
Use cookie cutters and cut the dough into desired shapes. Any sharp edge bowl will do the trick of cookie cutting. Roll the dough again and repeat the same process till all the dough is used.
Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C. Grease a metal tray and put all the cookies on it. Prick the cookies with a fork and brush them slightly with milk.
Bake at 160°C for 10-14 minutes. Remove the tray and let it cool. Take out all the cookies and store them in an air tight container.
- Curd, bran and the cinnamon in the recipe gives the desired crunch and distinct flavors to these cookies.
- Bran is very healthy and provides extra fibers in the meal. Ready made bran is available off the shelf. Avoid bran if you do not like the taste.
- Cookies will feel soft when taken out immediately after the baking is over. Do not bake again, as the cookies will harden in 5-10 minutes of cooling time.
- Spread any fruit jam on the cookies and see the kids enjoying this crunchy treat.