Party Menu – Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream
Ice cream was not in the party menu a few years back, before I realized that many children dislike fruit salad or anything that is remotely related to or being refered as health food! Given a choice even my kids prefer Ice cream over anything healthy 🙂 So down comes my Ice cream maker each year, from that dark corner of the loft. The poor gadget sees the light of the day just once every year!
- 2 liter of Milk +1 cup or more
- 4 cups of Cream
- 2 cups of Milk Powder
- 2 cups of cornflour powder
- 1/2 kg of Sugar
- 1 cup of Crushed Strawberries
- A few drops of pink color
- 2 tbsp. of Strawberry essence
Method: Boil milk in a large vessel. Mix the milk powder and cornflour powder with 1 cup of cold milk or more if necessary to make a paste and add it to the milk. Keep stirring for a few minutes and take off the flames. Add sugar and stir it till the sugar is dissolved.
Cool it completely before adding the fresh cream in it. Add the crushed strawberries, essence and the food color to the milk mix.
If you are using Ice cream maker wash the inside vessel and pour the ice cream mix into it. Fill the side portion with Ice cubes and lots of rock salt. Rock salt will make the ice melt slowly.
Start the machine and let the Ice cream set.
You can use the freezer also to set the Ice cream. Pour the milk mix in food grade plastic boxes and keep them in deep freezer till the ice cream is half set.
Take out the boxes and churn the ice cream once again before putting it into the freezer. Let it set completely for 10 15 hours. I should have taken a picture of my Ice cream maker too 🙁
Serve the ice cream in individual cups topped with Strawberry wedges or strawberry wafers.
- Condensed milk is a good substitute for the milk powder in this Ice cream.
- Use the same ingredients to make Ice cream with Banana, black grapes, blueberry, pineapple and Peaches.
- Serve the strawberry ice cream with seasonal fruits of your choice.
- I made the Ice cream 3 days in advance for the party.
Check out the other recipes for the party here;