Muesli Crumble – A Healthy Dessert
A dessert is what everyone eagerly waits for on a holiday in my house. And when the said delicacy is made with healthy ingredients and is nutritious, there are no rules to follow.
- 2 cups of Muesli
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- 2 Plums
- 4 tsp of granulated sugar
- 3-4 tsp. of Honey
- 3 Digestive biscuit
- 1 tsp. of Cinnamon powder
- 4-5 tsp. of cold Milk
- 2-3 tsp. of any vegetable oil or Olive oil
Method: Wash and dice the fruits. Arrange all plum and pear slices in a circular pattern in a baking dish. Sprinkle 3-4 tsp. of sugar over it and bake it for 5 minutes at 180°C or microwave it for 2 minutes at High. Take out of the oven and keep aside.
Pour the Muesli in an oven proof dish and bake it for 3 minutes at 180°C to make it crispy. Crush the Muesli and the digestive biscuits with hands to make a coarse powder. Mix in the cinnamon powder and the Honey to it.
Sprinkle 4-5 tsp. of cold milk over the crumbled Muesli and keep aside.
Spread another layer of sliced apples over it.
- Replace any fruits of your choice.
- Substitute the Muesli with cornflakes, wheat flakes or any other cereal.
- Dark brown sugar will make it more delicious than the white granulated sugar.
- Add extra raisins (Kishmish) and dry fruits for more nutrition.
- A healthy way to introduce cereals to kids.