Mini Oat Tarts with Mixed Fruit & Yogurt Filling – Healthy Dessert to Indulge
Think of a dessert and fresh fruits top my list hands down. A bowl of sliced juicy strawberries, apples and grapes sprinkled with castor sugar or with fresh yogurt is what I and my hubby crave for. There is always a difference of opinion at home, my children love to settle for a chocolate bar if there is just plain fruits for dessert. But they look pretty cool of late, now that they know their food blogger mama needs to update her blog with a recipe every week 🙂
These crisp and scrumptious looking Oatmeal tarts with fresh fruits & yogurt filling was our weekend dessert and must say that its filling and yummy till the last bite. Oatmeal added in the recipe to make the crust gives a lovely texture and makes the base healthier. I used hung yogurt to make the filling, you could use a filling of fresh cream and fruits for more exotic tarts.
A wonderful food blogger friend Divya Kuduva whom I met a couple of times wanted me to write a guest post for her blog as she was busy settling down in her new home . This petite, sweet and soft spoken foodie friend has many mouth watering Indian recipes and baked goodies at her blog, do take time to visit her space.
Over to Divya’s blog for the recipe…
School days were some of the happiest days of my life, attended sports day function at daughters’ school. She danced, did march past, played games and I relived old memories.
Those days we did not have such high tech cameras to take videos and color pictures (1970’s), but have preserved and cherish all those black & white pictures of our school days.
“When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” ~ Patrick Rothfuss.
I wish I could keep the child in me alive forever.
- Use very thick yogurt which is completely devoid of whey.
- Srikhand made with curd is a yummy and healthy filling for this tart.
- You can make the filling with cream by beating it lightly and mixing all the fruits to fill the tarts.
- Make sure to fill the tarts just before serving, else it will make the base soggy and less crispy.
- Thick custard with fruits is also a scrumptious and healthier option than cream to fill these tarts.
- Sliced fruits will release water when mixed with yogurt thereby making the filling quite runny. Add fruits to the thickened yogurt just before serving.