My perspective: For me good health is all about feeling great and having energy to do the whole days’ work without getting drained. In fact healthy-living is all in the mind and no rocket science for sure. Anyone with a little knowledge and more control over their desires can achieve it with perfection.
- Define your goals: I give priority to the foods that my family enjoys and plan accordingly keeping their interest in the forefront and the nutrients at the back. My 10 year old who realizes that oatmeal is good for him but prefer eating it with chocolate syrup. By allowing him to do so, not only his interest (chocolate syrup) stay in the forefront, nutrition (oatmeal) also remain intact
- Enjoy what you eat: Yes even your Apple pies, potato chips and ice creams! But do keep a check on these important factors- balance, variety and moderation to achieve your goals.
- Make good-health a way of life: The idea to start Health bites is to jot down my views and information gathered from various sources about health. I am not a trained physician or a dietitian; neither do I wish to be. I follow my own diet rules and simple ways to achieve healthy-living. Put some efforts to learn the basics of nutrition and make healthy-living a way of life and not a set of rules forced upon by others.
- Learn the basics of nutrition and make healthy-living a way of life and not as a set rules forced upon by others.
- Enjoy what you eat, at the same time do keep a check on these important factors- balance, variety and moderation to achieve your goals.
- Healthy eating need not be distasteful. Explore foods and recipes which are tasty and also keep the nutrition intact.
- Ensure adequate sleep.
- Take time out to relax.
- Have a healthy social life.
- Give importance to how you eat your food (stress free, chew slowly etc)
- Choose from various categories of foods (protein, carbs, and fats).
- Last but not the least of all is regular exercise, which is crucial for keeping one physically and mentally fit.
Changing eating habits require conscious and constant efforts. Following a healthy lifestyle with prudent diet, adequate exercise and a cheerful mind can be extremely rewarding.