One of the most ancient foods known to us – Honey, is a nature’s gift to mankind. This translucent, viscous and golden beauty is highly acknowledged for its healing properties. A great source of carbohydrates, it has a natural fruit sugar and is a delicious alternative to white sugar due to the color and flavors it imparts to the food.
A bottle of Honey is a must at all times in my kitchen shelf. And I find it really hard to resist licking a teaspoon of it whenever any recipe requires me to unscrew the bottle of this golden liquid
- Honey is known for its anti bacterial and anti viral properties present in the raw form of it. Heating may destroy some of these properties.
- Since the glucose present in Honey is easily digestible, it provides instant energy during active workouts. While the fructose in it is slow to digest and thus may regulate blood sugar to some extent.
- Honey boost immunity in children.
- Honey is a good alternative for people suffering from Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol.
- The anti oxidant properties in it may help keep a check on the free radical.
- Honey is a good moisturizer and thus comes as a great beauty aid.
- The healing properties of Honey helps a great deal in curing the cuts and wounds during injuries.
- Honey is the best home remedy for cough, cold and sore throat.
Prudent Ways to Use Honey;
- The shelf life of Honey is very long and does not require any refrigeration.
- Always keep Honey away from direct sunlight and avoid heating it.
- Dips and spreads made with Honey are healthy and delicious.
- Honey is a great baking ingredient, it can transform any cake, muffins or cookies into a heavenly treat.
- Honey Granola is a good option for growing kids.
- Oatmeal porridge with a tablespoon of Honey is a healthy breakfast.
- Lemonade made with Honey is a delicious drink for ant time.
- Honey spread on hot toast or Pancakes makes a scrumptious breakfast.
- Tea infused with ginger and Honey is a good home made remedy for cold and sore throat.
Include the wonder of nature Healing Honey in your diet and stay healthy!