Healthy Granola Bars for Kids
Snacks are a good way to add extra nutrients in our diet, more so when we are loggerheads with time. A healthy bar of Granola in the snack box of kids will make sure they get the goodness of nuts, cereals and other minerals all packed in one.
Granola also makes a quick & healthy breakfast when mixed with yogurt and other cereals. A great snack to satisfy after school and office hunger for the kids and adults as well, Granola is a prudent choice in our diet. The benefits of fibers in the wholegrain, vitamins & minerals in the fruits and powerful nuts will surely keep the energy levels going.
- 1 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup of cornflakes
- 1/2 cup of Wheat flakes
- 1/2 cup of mix nuts (cashew, almonds, walnuts)
- 1/4 cup of Raisins (kishmish)
- 2-3 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup grated Apple
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup of Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Dabur Honey
Method: Dry roast the cornflakes, wheat flakes and oats in a wok or an oven for a few minutes, till they turn crisp. Avoid this step if the flakes are already crisp, since mine were a bit soggy I dry roasted them.
Grate the apple and mix it with the cereals (peel the apple if you dislike the skin).
Take a big vessel and add all the flakes and oats into it. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Take a flat baking tray and grease it with little oil or butter. Spread the above mix on the tray evenly and press it lightly with the back of a flat ladle.
Take out the baked granola spread and let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Break it into small pieces and store in an air tight container.
- To make firm rectangular shape bars, the mix should be pressed tightly while baking it.
- You can include or exclude any ingredients (nuts, seeds, flakes) according to your kitchen pantry.
- The baked granola mix can be enjoyed as a high energy Tea time snack.
- Pack the granola bars into the snack box of kids.
- A great travel & picnic option.
- Sprinkle the baked granola over fresh curds and have a healthy breakfast.
- A very healthy option to replace many ready made unhealthy biscuits and baked goodies available off the shelves.
- You can avoid the sugar altogether when baking the granola for adults and increase the amount of grated fruits (apples) in it.