Eggless Carrot Muffins
Easy to bake, with very few ingredients and steps to go, muffins could be any first timers’ delight.
I like to bake muffins with added fruits and flavors to add variety for my kids’ snack box. Carrot being one of my favorites in vegetables I often use it in most of my cooking. Eggless Carrot muffins can be made in advance and frozen in refrigerator for future use. You can defrost the muffins in microwave whenever you require. It stays good for almost 4-5 days at normal temperature, in an airtight container.
- 2 cups of refined flour
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3/4-cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder(optional)
- A few walnuts (optional)
- Scrub, clean and grate the carrots.
- Take a big bowl add the refined flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, cinnamon powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix it thoroughly with a fork.
- Take another vessel and mix oil, sugar and curds.
- Add this liquid mixture and the grated carrots into the flour bowl.
- Stir the mix just enough to get all the ingredients mixed. Do not over mix the batter.
- Preheat the oven at 200° C and grease the muffin moulds with oil or butter.
- Fill the moulds up to 2/3rd capacity and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a knife and check if it comes clean out of the baked muffins.
- Remove the muffin mould from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before taking the carrot muffins out.
Enjoy the baked delicacies at any time of the day.
Note: Add the nuts of your choice before baking, to increase the health content of carrot muffins. Slice the muffins in two and apply any fruit jam for a yummy snack for your kids.
Send me your response after you try out the recipe. Hope you like it. I would love to hear your version of carrot muffins.