Recipe |Quick Broccoli stir-fry
“Don’t cook this cauliflower Madam, it has gone bad” was the reaction from my maid after looking at the pretty veggie Broccoli sitting on my chopping board! Yes, Broccoli is not indigenous to India and many are not familiar with this goldmine of nutrients.
Health Benefits of Broccoli;
- Broccoli is a rich source of Vitamin C.
- Broccoli is loaded with Beta carotene, a very effective anti oxidant that destroys the free radicals from the body.
- Potassium in Broccoli helps reduce blood pressure.
- The Calcium in the veggie is good against osteoporosis and building strong bones.
- The darker the color, more nutrients it possess, Slight purple Broccoli has more of carotenoids in it.
- Broccoli is a good source of folic acid.
- Broccoli is rich in fibers and helps reduce the blood cholesterol.
- The nutrients and minerals present in Broccoli helps controlling many ailments such as, diabetes, many forms of cancer and heart disease.
Prudent uses of Broccoli;
- Broccoli makes delicious soups, such as Cheese & Cream of Broccoli.
- Try steaming the Broccoli for more healthy benefits.
- Microwave it for a few seconds at high power and enjoy with a dash of pepper and salt.
- Include Broccoli in salads.
- Rice dishes can be made more peppy and nutritious with the addition of Broccoli flowers.
- Try making Cole slaw with Broccoli and Mayonnaise.
Quick Broccoli Stir Fry
This is a quick recipe which has only Broccoli as the main ingredients and will surely be a delight for all the veggie lovers, who like to eat vegetables in any form.
- Broccoli flowers as desired
- White pepper powder
- Salt as desired
- 2 tsp of butter or oil
Method: Clean the Broccoli flower and cut into bite size pieces. Include the stalk of the Broccoli also.
Heat oil in a wok and add all the Broccoli flowers in it. Sprinkle the pepper powder and salt in it. Cook for just about 2 minutes on high heat, stirring it constantly.
Take of the heat and serve hot Broccoli Stir Fry.
- Do not over cook the Broccoli to avoid lumpy version which is devoid of many nutrients.
- Broccoli Stir Fry makes a good snack idea when you are on a diet.