Simple & Easy Eggless Almond Cookies
Cookies are a favorite to young and old alike. And when these baked goodies are homemade and fresh from the oven they can be hard to resist. I like the recipes which are simple to bake and can be done with easily available ingredients. These Almond cookies are one such from my kitchen.
- 11/2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 1 tbsp of Semolina (suji/rawa)
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3-4 tsp of Honey
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Almonds (Badam)
Method: Preheat the oven to 180°C for 10 minutes. Sift both the flours, and mix the salt and cinnamon powder in it. Cream the butter and sugar together till the mix is light and fluffy.
Crush the almonds into a coarse powder leaving a few for decoration.
Take a broad vessel and add both the flour mix, crushed almonds, honey and semolina in it. Add butter and sugar mix to it and rub it lightly till the mixture resembles bread crumb. Knead it tightly to make into a hard dough, add a tsp of milk if needed.
Roll the dough into a thick circle, keep a few almonds on top of it and press lightly. I added a few raisins and cashew also to the cookies. Cut the rolled dough into desired shapes.
Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10-15 minutes. Take out from the oven and brush the cookies with milk and bake it again for a minute to give a glaze to the Almond cookies.
- Replace almonds with cashew or pistachios for a different flavor.
- The harder the dough the crispier the cookies will come out.
- Soft dough cookies will loose its crispiness after some time.
- Add any essence of your choice such as orange, vanilla and chocolate for a makeover to the Almond cookies.
- Store these almond cookies in an air tight container.
- Honey and cinnamon in the cookies give a beautiful flavor and taste to the cookies.
- Add a tsp of whole sugar to the dough for more crunch in the cookies.
You may like this Wholewheat Cookies;